Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 16 - Busch Gardens

 
We spent our last day in Virginia at Busch Gardens.  I think they proved me wrong today.  I commented how when I was a kid and we went to an amusement park, we went on ride after ride all day.  Theme parks seem to have a lot of stores, food, walking and not a lot of rides.  There were a lot of rides today.  Some were too young, some didn't interest them because they aren't into rollercoasters, but they did manage to go on a lot of rides.
We saw several shows today.  The first was a pirate 4-D movie.  It was goofy but fun. Jessica noticed the back of the chairs in front of us and covered up the sprayers so she wouldn't get wet - the seagulls still got her.  We saw an abbreviated version of a pet show because it was so hot, they didn't want to have the animals in their gear so they showed us how they train them and we saw a part of the show through the training.  We saw two musical performances, one while we ate in Italy and the other was Oktoberfest.
I think Jessica went on the bumper cars at least 7 times, perhaps more.  She loved it and couldn't get enough. The only reason she stopped is because we wanted to leave due to a storm approaching.  We didn't make it out of the park before they closed things down for the storm.  We ended up in a shop in Sesame Street land for an hour while the worst of the storm passed.
I ordered the pictures wrong but if you scroll up to the grape picture, take note of Rad's clothes.  Ben is proud of his Dad's black shirt and red basketball shorts.  (The shorts are Ben's.)  His only critique is that he is wearing white socks (which you can't see) instead of black ones.
post signature