Monday, July 18, 2011

Day 9 - The Rest of the Story

No pictures today.

See this post to understand this one.

This morning, housekeeping knocked on our door. She asked about the other room and my mom explained what happened. She had her supervisor on the phone and I got to talk with her. She thought that the police opened up the other room and let us in. I explained that because they couldn't confirm with her that we had indeed reserved it, they wouldn't open it for us. She mentioned the envelopes I had, but the problem was they both listed Room 2 and had the key for that room. She apologized for the mix-up. I told her it worked out with the cot in the room that the girls slept in one bed, my mom in another, I was on the cot and Ben slept on the air mattress we had with us. I mentioned that we had a chair up to the door because they had a key for our room and we weren't comfortable with that. One of the women was pretty clear they were there to party and we didn't want that party to end up in our room.

I thought it was double-booked but she said that it wasn't. She said the other people must have kept their keys and came back to use the rooms and she is going to look into it. I was looking to be reimbursed for the one room but I ended up not paying for either because of what had happened.

post signature