Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 11 - Aquarium and Duck Tour

When we were visiting the aquarium at Niagara Falls, Jessica said that she wanted to go to the New England Aquarium. I didn't mind because I love the tank that is at the center of the aquarium that you can walk around and see turtles, sharks, fish, and sting rays. I was reminded today that the tank is 200,000 gallons and I also learned that the largest turtle in the tank, Myrtle, has been there for 40 years. Every time I've gone to the aquarium, Myrtle has been there.
I love the jelly fish and to watch them move through the water. I can't say I'm jazzed when they are in the ocean, but I used to love seeing them in the water by the JFK Library in Boston. I like that Jessica, Becca and Mom can be seen on the other side of the tank.
Some fun glasses they had in the gift shop and they are GREEN!!
My mom treated us to the Duck Boat Tour. You ride around on the streets in a bus and, at some point, enter the water. The bus becomes a boat and you tour Boston Harbor. Pretty fun ride with a lot of history thrown in.
A view from the boat.
One of the guides joked about throwing Stephanie out of the boat.
The U.S.S. Constitution.
What was going to be a trip to the aquarium turned into the aquarium, lunch at Faneuil Hall, and a 1-1/2 hour tour around Boston and the Harbor. Another fun day!
post signature