Today while I was working and gabbing on the phone I heard the strangest noise. It was a loud, rattling kar-r-r-o-o-o, (click here to hear a sound clip similar to what I heard). At first I thought a bird was in our garage. It turned out that there were several Sandhill Cranes in our backyard. I took several pictures of the one closest and watched it peck at bugs in the ground. I was pretty excited being able to see it close-up. Usually I see a couple as I drive down the road but when you are going 45 mph, you only get a short glimpse.
I only got 2 boxes unpacked today. Most of my efforts were spent putting things away that were out, organizing and some cleaning and laundry. While dinner was cooking, I took a few pictures of the kitchen. It is nice to have the kitchen done and functioning. There are still a couple of boxes, most likely in the garage that need to be unpacked. I don't miss our knives until dinner time when I need to cut vegetables or chicken and then I realize how much I use them.
I discovered today that Stephanie is already feeling comfortable with her teacher. At some point today she informed her teacher that her sister's teacher had them take the spiral binding off of their agenda because it was easier to use in the binder that way. She no longer has the spiral binding on her agenda.
All of the girls were excited to come home today and let me know two things:
1) "If we brushed our teeth before school we would have missed the bus. We had to run because it drove by us."
2) "I have (insert #) of friends now!"
Ben has given me permission to pick him up if it is raining, with the following conditions:
1) You can't come to school to get me, just near the the bus stop.
2) It has to be pouring not a light rain.
Such a happy day in so many ways.
One last thing I've been meaning to share. The parking spaces at the stores here are huge. One of my first parking experiences here, I was backing in, as I would in Albuquerque, on one side there was a car and the other side there was an open spot. I backed in, we all got out and I had so much space on my side of the vehicle because I parked the same distance from the other card as I would have in Albuquerque. Another day we went to pick up lunch for the guys that delivered our goods and no kidding, the car next to me could have their door open as far as it could go and I could too and they wouldn't touch. This is the place to be if you buy a new vehicle because it isn't going to get a scratch from a car door in a parking lot.
