Monday, August 10, 2009

179 Days to Go

Today was the first day of school and the kids were ready for it. The girls were mostly excited to see what kids live in our area that go to their school (there are two elementary schools for our area) and to make new friends. I laughed at Ben's comment tonight that there are only 179 days of school left, who's counting?

Becca was happy at lunch today when some kids sitting by her asked her if she wanted to be with them at recess. Stephanie had a good start to making friends today too. Jessica hasn't really hit it off with anyone and ended up with Stephanie at recess.

I took a couple of pictures of the girls before school. Jessica had an itch in one and Stephanie is mid-blink in this one. They had to pose after school for me, which is the following picture.

We were supposed to get Ben's haircut last week and I forgot all about it. It didn't seem too long, especially compared to last year but at the end of school when we had his hair cut he liked it and decided he was going to keep it shorter. He wanted to start school with it cut so people would expect this is his look so, since school starts so late (9:45 for him), we went to the barber shop on base to have it "trimmed". We were pretty precise in what we were looking for but Joe is so used to doing high and tight that this is considered a trim for him. Ben was less than happy when he cut his back shorter for the 3rd time, let alone the first swoop up the back of his head with the shears. It looks good but it is more than he wanted.

Since we had time before he had to be at the bus stop, we came home so he could rinse his head. He didn't have time to walk (~15 min.) to the bus stop so I drove him half-way. So not cool to be dropped off at the bus stop or picked up. He watched the speedometer and was happy and relieved to be dropped off .035 mi. from his bus stop and no one saw him. I have to admit after I dropped him off I scoped out the bus stop, circled around went through our loop and drove by again when he was there. He should be very happy I didn't whip out my camera and snap a picture of him at the stop with the other kids. The restraint I show sometimes.

I did a page from when we camped out on our living room floor the night before the truck delivered our things.

Our neighbor came over when they were finishing unloading our truck but it was hectic at that time and we really didn't have time to visit. Stephanie thinks we should make some cookies and go around to our neighbors and let them know we are here. We may just do that.

post signature