Sunday, June 28, 2009

Wild Child(ren)


I took the kids for haircuts Friday when we were out running some errands. It was a very entertaining waiting for them to finish with their haircuts. Ben piped up at one point that we should buy some Crest whitening strips when we went to Target. I said, "Son, your first line of defense for white teeth is to brush your teeth." The guy a couple of seats down from me thought that was hysterical. He seemed to find it amusing when my camera came out and I was snapping photos too. Jessica ended up with 5" cut off, Stephanie had 2" taken off and a chastisement to rinse her hair better. Ben & Becca got their hair trimmed. They are so stinkin' good looking.

We've had a lot (a lot is a relative term) of rain lately. Thursday night after we picked up Rad at the airport, the kids were out back in the arroyo catching frogs. Since it was almost midnight, a gentle reminder that others would be sleeping and there is the rule about quiet hours to mindful of, they came back with 4 frogs. The next morning they were back out there and gathered up a lot of tadpoles. For some reason, it thrilled me to see Jessica pop on the computer to find out what a tadpole would eat. I used to do that when I was a kid except it was my brother's encyclopedias that I referenced. It came down to boiling lettuce for 10 minutes for buying goldfish food and crushing it. We opted to buy goldfish food.