Becca decided on a turtle cake this year. I have to admit that was a scary one for me because I didn't know how to tackle it. Give me a picture, even some direction and I can do it but I lack skills in the cake decorating department. Still, it turned out pretty well and Becca thought it was the best cake ever.She didn't have any ideas on what she wanted for her birthday. We bought her a digital camera. She still had the camera she received several years ago for Christmas but it no longer would feed the film in. She took good care of it and I have to admit every time a roll of film came out the freezer, I knew it would mean a trip to the store to have it developed and I wasn't excited for that. She has been taking pictures all over the place. You know she likes to make movies but now she has added taking pictures of the "set".
She got a couple of different turtles, one made from wood and another from jade. She got 6 books (1 didn't make it into the picture). Overall she was pretty happy with her day.
Last night I turned in early to read a little before bed. Early being 11:40 p.m. (I've gotten into a horrible habit of going to bed late now that school is out). Ben was on the computer in our room chatting with a friend. I read a few chapters and asked if he needed the light on. The light went out at 12:15 a.m. and he was still chatting away. Apparently he and his friend were seeing who could stay up the longest. I woke up just after 2 and he was still on the computer. I was too tired to say anything and went back to sleep. I hear he went to bed around 3 a.m. I wasn't too surprised when he slept in this morning. Doesn't he look cute.