Monday, June 1, 2009

So I mentioned in the previous post about Bryant's smoker setting off a fire alarm. I was catching up with a site I enjoy and this note was on it. Struck me as funny in light of last weekend.

I have some pictures to share (soon) that Ben took of the girls selling cookies/lemonade this weekend. They made over $30. Ben voted they pool the money, have a little business to make more and buy something big. Stephanie wanted the money divided so she could pay her tithing and put the extra money in her account for a mission. Becca wanted her money because she wants to buy vitamins and other 'helpful' items for her sea monkeys. Jessica doesn't have a plan but she knows Ben well enough to know that if he has it, it will be gone. I can't complain - I made $1.50 for baking 7 dozen cookies for them to sell. They also paid 3 neighbor friends $1 for helping them too.

I was thinking yesterday. Ben's team is to the Crushers what the Sun Devils are to them. Ben seems less excited for a game when we play the Sun Devils because they have yet to beat them. I thought they had a chance Friday. Neither team scored in the 1st inning; 2nd inning - 3 to 1 we are in the lead; 3rd inning - neither team scored; 4th inning 5-3, we are down; 5th inning - 10-3; 6th inning ends with the score being 10-3.

Saturday morning we played the Crushers. I didn't keep track of the innings and scores but it wound up being 14-0 and Ben's team won. I'm always a little sad for the Crushers when they go away with nothing, I would like for them to have at least one run. Ben doesn't agree with me.