Thursday, May 21, 2009

Last day of school


Today was the 'moving up' ceremony for the 5th graders. The guest speaker had the kids promise three things: 1) they will always give their best effort; 2) they will value their education; and 3) to never give up. He promised them that if they did these 3 things, they would have success.

Another happy thing about today is Ben had his hair cut. He told me that he had comments about his 1/4" trim last time, so I agreed to wait until school was out. I can't tell you how happy I was as his hair was being cut. I know he wasn't excited but in the end he said he didn't mind it being shorter again. What I find funny is in his before picture he is all serious (he is trying to be cool because he is hot cheese on a cracker and at an elementary school) and the second one he is all smiles at home. He cracks me up. The girls will tell you that he acts all crazy at home but at school he walks stupid and acts cool.