Thursday, June 7, 2012

Ohio

We left Pennsylvania Tuesday and headed to an air station in Ohio.  Above is a picture of the lodging facility we stayed at - pretty nice.  We had a suite and a room.  The suite slept 4 and the room had 2.  After we dropped our luggage, we went to dinner at this diner that wasn't too far from where we were staying.  We knew we picked a good place because although it didn't look like much, the parking lot was close to full.  When we were leaving, we ordered some hot chocolate to go.  A little cool mostly because of the rain.  It seems our days of exploring have been sunny and when we are driving, we pass through a storm, or two, or more.   The next picture is of the girls on the balcony of our suite enjoying their hot chocolate.
On Wednesday we took a tour at the Kirtland Visitor's Center.  We started off in the store.  Stephanie came and said she felt hot so I left with her.  She had what Ben had on Saturday.  While the others took the 1-1/2 tour of the area, Stephanie and I were in the bathroom, went upstairs to look at some pictures by my favorite artist, Liz Lemon Swindle and we sat in the shade on the grass.
Our next stop was the Kirtland Temple.  We took the tour there.  I forgot you had to pay for the tour.  A small fee but I didn't expect it, yet it makes perfect sense.  As we were walking toward the temple, Stephanie was sick again.  We tried to join them but the door was locked so we sat outside on a bench talking about whatever crossed our minds at the moment.   I have to say, this picture of the temple I took could be a post card.
Ben found it odd that they were pushing the Community of Christ Church at the end of the video we watched, but it is logical given they own the building.  From the video, I became curious of who all has led their church and curious if they broadcast their conference as well.  Things to look into.  I think most of the family was impressed by the learning that took place in the temple.
As we were leaving the temple, my mother noted there was a crack in my windshield.  As we were driving, we contacted the insurance company and initiated a claim.  I had the windshield replaced today.  All is good again.   We've driven through a lot of construction and there was a point in Pennsylvania Tuesday that we were sprayed with rocks.  I backed off from the vehicle in front to avoid them, but apparently, one dinged us good.  The insurance claims agent said it was common to have it crack the day after.
post signature