Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Family Reunion

We were the first ones to arrive at the reunion in Thorntown, IN.  My mom and I played a game of croquet with Logan and Jordan.  When Dennis put out corn hole, the kids played that.  There were ~35 people there.  I think it has been about 28 years since I last attended this reunion.
The kids spent most of the time on this swing on the front of the porch.  They left to go with Trish on a trail to the woods and later for a tour of the barn.  There were 3 other kids at the reunion, the oldest of the 3 being Allison who was 12.  She and her brother left early to head back to the fairgrounds to see if they won a ribbon.  I'm guessing Allison entered a dog as well but Jackson was telling me about the preliminary requirements and what his dog had to do.  He is hoping for a trophy but will be happy with a ribbon.
Cathy cutting up a watermelon.  While we were at the Louisville Slugger Museum on Friday, Cathy and my mom made meatloaf and peanut butter swirl brownies for the reunion and picked up a watermelon too.  Yummy!
People were either at the dining room table, kitchen table, seated on the porch or off in the shade by the swing visiting.  The next picture is of Trish, she organizes the event each year now.
This is my grandfather's sister Bonnie (80).
When we left the reunion, we went to Michigantown to visit my grandfather's sister, Dot (88).  We played quite a few games of sequence here as well.  Kids against adults and they whipped us good.
We left Louisville Sunday and ended up driving straight through since we skipped stopping at Red River Gorge.  I think everyone was anxious to be home and one in particular really wanted to be with her bunny again.  Georgia was 98% rain and storms.  I began to wonder if we were going through another tropical depression but it was just a lot of rain.  We got home around 12:20 a.m.  We spent yesterday getting pets back, grocery shopping, spraying for bugs, etc.  I have no choice but to attack the laundry today.  Ben leaves in the morning for Key Largo.
post signature