Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Thoughts on Magic Kingdom

I asked everyone to write up something about one of the rides they went on. Perhaps not their favorite because it was taken but they picked something from the list that was left.
From Becca

I thought Space Mountain was fun. Sometimes you couldn't see the rails so you didn't know where you were going. I spent the whole time on the ride screaming. Before the ride, I was REALLY nervous. After the ride, I was glad I went on it. The flashing lights were really cool. I'm glad I went on Space Mountain.

From Ben

My favorite ride was Thunder Mountain because it had no steep drops but it still went fast around the corners. I also liked that it had a few tunnels.

From Rad

I joked that I was going to review Country Bear Jamboree after everyone else seemed to regret going to see it. Deborah later pointed out that she has hated this one for years, so I was very impressed with her forbearance (accidental pun now intended) when I lead them inside. She might be happy to know that the one at Disneyland was replaced by The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and has yet to return. Now I know where they can put something new at Disney World if it will fit in the Frontierland theme.


The animatronics (the robotic face and body movements) were well done and the jokes funny - for being created in the late '60s. I think the Tennessee-style, twangy country music didn't impress them either, but I found it amusing. (Ben needs banjo lessons in case guitar doesn't work out!) Hey, at least we didn't wait long for this 15 minutes of their annoyance. My family may also be impressed (but not surprised) to know that that the movie spin-off from this attraction, The Country Bears, bombed and lost Disney money. I guess they more than made up for it by spinning movies off of Pirates of the Caribbean.


Really I enjoyed Splash Mountain the most if anything, but I had fun on nearly everything we rode or saw.

From Stephanie

In Splash Mountain you will be dropped 50 feet.The 50 feet isn't all in one, They have different drop offs. At the biggest drop off you can see Cinderella's castle before you fall. Since I was in the front I got wetter than everyone. I closed my eyes so it wasn't that scary. Mom said she just looked straight ahead of her and did not look down. It was so awesome!

From Jessica

Speedway is very fun to me but you have to make sure you are tall enough to reach the accelerator pedal. It is kind of like you are racing with people, even though you aren't, but you can act like it. I went on it 4 times and would have gone on it more. If you go to Magic Kingdom, you should try Speedway.

post signature