Sunday, May 16, 2010

Last Week of School

It is hard to believe and yet, I'm so excited to say, this is our last week of school. So much has been happening as everyone winds up their different activities. This past week Ben had his band concert. Becca went on a field trip to Animal Kingdom and enjoyed being with friends there. Jessica and Stephanie were both in a multiplication bee at school on Friday. They were both eliminated in the first round. Stephanie froze being in front of so many people. Jessica had the right answer but was less than a second behind saying the answer than the person she was against. All four kids went to the orthodontist. Stephanie went straight from the orthodontist to another elementary school to meet her pen pal.

This week there is Jaguar Idol for Jessica, a celebration with Becca's class because they are graduating from elementary school (a second time for Becca). Ben has a band banquet. The girls get out of school early for 3 days. The last day of school is the graduation walk for Becca. Ben is going on a canoe camping trip.

Rad grilled dinner tonight and it was delish. I didn't have the chicken but the girls liked it. I went for the beef kabobs. It is the first time we've made kabobs in our (almost) 15 yrs. of marriage.

Other news to share. Becca and Jessica had written a story at school and it was liked enough that their teachers submitted their stories for a competition. Jessica's ended up going on to the county and she got third place. I'm hoping to receive a certificate this week so I can know what category it took 3rd in.

post signature