Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Love Bugs & Cake Roll

Twice a year we have an explosion of 'love bugs'. These little bugs are usually connected. The larger one is the female and she drags around the male. They mate and die. Their life is only a couple of hours. I think car washes must do incredibly well at this time of year. Inevitably as you drive you will end up with a lot of bug splatter. If you don't clean it off within a couple of days, the acid from these bugs will eat away at your paint leaving pit marks.

The above picture was taken of my van at the Target parking lot. These were alive, just taking a little rest before taking flight again.

I took the above picture after I brought in the bags from Target. All of those little black specks are love bugs. When driving over the causeway yesterday I was shocked by the swarms of these bugs. I didn't remember there being so many the last time we were here, but then I wasn't out driving in the middle of the day because we had one vehicle and it was at Rad's work.

Stephanie took a picture of her dessert to show Rad what he missed while TDY. I was treat for FHE this week and I decided to make something different that the kids have never had. I let the kids put their own strawberries on since some like them more than others. Stephanie is all about plating.

post signature