It isn't a secret that I love to listen to Kenny G. You may have even heard me say that I would like for him to play in my backyard while I play a game of chess. Ben played the sax last year and I was thinking this was the beginning of having my own Kenny G. He is once again in band and will be playing the sax again, just not until January. I don't recall the logic of the band teacher, which Ben explained to me, but he will be playing the clarinet through the end of the year. This isn't entirely bad to have exposure to other instruments, although he likes to think of himself as Squidward (from Sponge Bob) much to my chagrin.Last week went by rather quickly. Many times I wished I had my camera with me but it was at home waiting to be charged. I took a few pictures with my phone but I haven't figured out how to e-mail them.
The nasty thing I had to do last week was peel a dead frog from the frame of my door. He was stuck on there pretty good and my fingers felt dirty the rest of the day remembering how firmly I had to hold the little sucker to peel his leg from the van. I saved him so the kids could see but I never looked at it again once I put it aside for them.
Jessica was treat tonight she picked a recipe that called for dipping a marshmallow in a caramel mixture and then rolling it in Rice Krispies. The cereal and caramel I think would be good but the marshmallow didn't thrill me. I prefer a marshmallow toasted. It seems we were about 50/50 on liking it, although 4 would still eat it. I'm thinking some will go uneaten and tossed.

We went to the beach Saturday. Hard to believe but since we moved into the house we haven't been once. We were there at high tide and the beach we went to dropped off pretty quickly so it wasn't as enjoyable for the kids. Rad is thinking there may have been some erosion from the last two hurricanes that zipped up the east coast.
Rad's boss had another cookout inviting a lot of people from work. We took a fruit salad to help out with the food. He cooked a ton of ribs, which Ben tried and I think liked, but he didn't understand why people would want them when it was so hard to get to the meat. He was actually kind of funny about it. They had a house full of people and it was fun to get together with them and to meet some of Rad's co-workers.
As far as Ben is concerned, all is just as it should be since he knows where his Scout book is and the Wii. He was commenting yesterday that it has been 5 mos. since he played on our Wii. It has been a while, I'm thinking June was the last opportunity he had to play.
I continue to be dazzled as I check the kids' school reports online and see that Ben, Jessica and Stephanie are carrying straight As. Becca has 1 B and the rest are As. Becca commented this week that school is harder now. She has the additional adjustment of having her class switched last week. They added another teacher to make the classes smaller. She likes her new teacher and we look forward to meeting her.
