Friday, March 27, 2009

Banquet


Last night was the banquet that Rad has been working on. It seemed like it turned out very well. I missed a lot of the main speaker's talk because I started coughing. Rad said they had recorded these events in the past but chose not to this year because no one really cared about the recording. He was wishing they had because of some of the stories General Marquez told were interesting.

Not a whole lot going on this week. The kids have played a lot of games (board and Wii) during the break. The beginning of my week was eaten up with preparation for the zone conference luncheon. Gathering pitchers, bowls, tablecloths, buying food and delivering it to people that volunteered to make a casserole. Tuesday was spent on more RS stuff and cooking. I sliced my finger pretty well at 2 AM. 2 days later it still bleeds on occasion. I probably needed a couple of stitches but didn't really have the time to go to the ER. I figured if I secured it with a bandage well enough the skin would reattach itself and heal eventually. It's getting there.

Wednesday was the zone conference luncheon our ward was responsible for. I took the kids with me and they were a great help hauling all the food in and helping to set the tables and serve the food I prepared or we picked up that morning. They were a little embarrassed at the end when everyone that helped with the luncheon that was there had to stand in the middle of a circle with 70 missionaries gathered around us and they sang us a song. I took them to see Bolt at the dollar theater after the luncheon.

We played and cleaned a little yesterday. Same thing will happen today. I need to get the oil changed on the van and we might go back to the dollar theater. They have a movie playing that the kids saw is playing there that they would like to see. Rad had wanted to go camping tomorrow night but I think that isn't going to happen with the weather, opening day on Saturday and a funeral luncheon.