
Ben had told us a couple of days ago that there was a jazz concert he needed to be at Thursday night. I thought he mixed up some information because there was no way they would give parents two days notice of a concert. The subject was dropped. Last night he brought it up again. This time I was grumpy about it. No way! I had already e-mailed his band teacher this week to find out when the Band concert and Jazz concert would be. This month has proven to be quite crazy with something going on every night and I wanted to block off those nights now. Nothing was mentioned in his response about an event tonight. Rad told Ben that if there was something he would take him.
Fast forward to after school today. Ben gets in the van and informs me that it is casual dress tonight. You've got to be kidding! I spoke with the principal this morning and all he could tell me was there was a health fair but nothing going on with the band. After dinner the girls and I took Ben to school for the performance. Yup. They were performing. Several acts were scheduled to entertain during the health fair and they were first up. I have to say they were awesome.
Fortunately my appointment tonight was flexible and agreed to see me whenever I got done. I guess I need to start trusting that Ben is getting things down more accurately than I'm giving him credit for.
Stephanie took this picture. You can't really see Ben. He plays the piano for the jazz band, saxophone for regular band. He is to the right of the kid in the green shirt.