Monday, March 16, 2009

Beauty or Beast??

The girls were brushing their hair and Ben decided to join them. Stephanie thought it was a riot and took pictures in the mirror of him putting clips in. Most ended up blurry because she was laughing so much. I snapped this one when he came out of the bathroom. Wouldn't this be a hoot of a yearbook picture?

Saturday was Pi day (3.14) so the girls decided they wanted to make a pie. They each wore one of my aprons. We ended up making a strawberry pie which seemed to be a hit with the whole family. I made a strawberry pie last year and wasn't too fond of it but this one was quite easy and tasted good. I was concerned because I broke the crust before I baked it and was afraid the filling would end up underneath and make it more like duck food.

Yesterday ended up being busy with field clean-up. We spent our time pulling weeds. I think they eventually turn into the tumbleweed that blow around the field if they aren't gotten up now. Lots of cleaning and playing. We even made a run to the Commissary to buy some things we needed for dinner tonight. The day was gone before we knew it.