Friday, May 1, 2020

Frolic Mystery Quilt


I needed a break from sewing masks and went back to this quilt that I started last November. I had all of the pieces cut and some sewn together for the blocks but I needed to change out a triangle on 100 flying geese. That reason is probably why I put this project aside. Nevertheless, the pieces to the quilt sat on the counter above my desk and I was tired of looking at them. It was time to finish this! I'm really pleased with how it looks. It still needs to be quilted and the binding sewn on, but at least it is all together. I 
I don't remember how many pieces this quilt has. I think it was around 2,600. This particular designer always has a lot of pieces and the quilts are quite impressive. Usually, there is a bit of an illusion to them as well. Very pleased with this one!