Thursday, May 7, 2015

Tulip Festival

I've had a bucket list of things I would like to do or places I'd like to go while we are here in New York.  The Tulip Festival was on my list and I put it on my calendar so I would remember it was happening.  It is held at Washington Park, which we've never been to but I had it on my list of "potential places" to take pictures of the kids based on pictures I'd seen of photographers in the area.  It is really a pretty park.  I think it was most attractive to us primarily because of the water and all of the green that is so welcome after the winter.

This is what we saw as we approached the Tulip Festival.
I have well over a hundred pictures on my camera from this event.  The kids took most of the pictures at various angles and tried to get some shots of flies and bees or hornets on the tulips too.  There are a lot of nice ones, mostly close-up pictures, that I'm not posting because, lets face it, you can only look at so many flower pictures before you are ready to be done.
I've sprinkled in a few pictures of our family.









Jessica is missing from this picture because she left with Rad.  He met us there after work.
post signature