Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Youth Auction

This past Saturday night the youth had a spaghetti dinner and auction, primarily of baked goods or service, to raise money for their camps.  I didn't know what I wanted to do for this. What I did know was that I would have 3 girls baking and I didn't want to have to be in the kitchen too.  I also knew that I wanted to be done with it that night and not owe anything to someone at a later time.  I decided to put together a road trip basket.  You can see from the paper all that was in it.  My favorite thing in the basket was the Bingo cards.  We had those when the kids were little and I liked them because they had a red slider that covered the object and there weren't any pieces to lose.  We had several different types of the cards that were good for the highway or back-roads.
The basket I put together ended up going for $60.  

Jessica made a double batch of the peanut butter swirl brownies.  She didn't even leave us one to share. :(  She said she'd make another batch for us.  I hope it is soon.  Her brownies sold for $35.
The person that got Becca's auction got a steal.  They will get 1 dozen muffins the first Saturday of the month for 6 months.  She is going to do a different flavor each month.  This batch was cinnamon.  Her muffins wents for $35.
Stephanie's strawberry pie sold for $20.  I think hers would have gone for more but it was one of the first auctioned off.  People weren't really into it for several more auctions.  But, $20 is nothing to sneeze at.
The hot item of the night was chocolate dipped strawberries.  A plate of 4 would sell for $10-15.  Some other items were a Bath & Body Works basket, lots of different cakes, pies, cookies, cake pops, knitted baby set, jeeping, party at a trampoline place here, kayaking, lawn care, auto care/cleaning, babysitting, lessons, etc.

post signature