A year ago I saw an article in the local paper about Surfin' Santas at Cocoa Beach. I knew then that I wanted to see this and get a picture of it. I put it on my calendar, knowing I wouldn't remember a year later. I looked earlier in December for information and didn't find anything. Yesterday (Sunday or Christmas Eve eve) we had 7 or so of Ben's friends over for BFD (breakfast for dinner). I happened to look at my calendar and saw it and searched again and found it was on for the next morning. I told his peeps but, with the exception of Adam, they weren't that interested in it.
It wasn't too busy but there was a good crowd of people participating (~150) and observing.
Some were in full Santa outfits and others wore a hat or red and black.
The scene as we were leaving.
For me, this event is the equivalent of the tumbleweed snowman in Albuquerque. I will look forward to it every Christmas we are here.