The girls were on the hunt for the cats. For about 25 years, Hemingway had 60 cats on the property and they keep that many on the premises today. The cats are unique because they have extra toes, although we found that wasn't true of all the cats we saw.
Inside the house there were a lot of pictures, letters, medals, etc. that belonged Hemingway.
I liked this bedroom set. I found some of the furniture placement rather odd. I can only imagine that they must have moved things to make room for a display. They had the strangest items in the bathrooms and against walls.
The girls and I found it a pity that no one was able to swim in the pool. Lovely.
I would crop this so you could see the detail of the spider, but I really don't want it popping up on my screen when it is scrolling through pictures when it has been idle to long. So weird as the body is sort of zebra-like with black and white and then it has red horns all around its body. When it moves, it is sort of quick and jerky. This side is much friendlier looking than the other which is flat out creepy looking.