Sunday, March 11, 2012

Derby

Ben and Adam made a car together Friday night/Saturday afternoon.  They divided the car so it was half Adam and Orlando Magic and half Ben with the Celtics.  They even took a picture of each other and had it on the back of the car.
I have to admit, I didn't expect their car to do so well when they were gluing wheels (the grooves for the nails were too big) an hour before the race.  They came in the 3rd in the adult division.  They also won a prize for teamwork and for a sporty car.

Jessica used her Wii remote car and won an award for most aerodynamic.  Becca raced her carrot.  It won the first race and they never saw it raced again but it may have been that she was taking pictures and missed it.  Stephanie raced the car that looks like a pinewood derby track.
The girls took pictures of the event with my camera while I ran a scavenger hunt of road signs for the kids.
Check out the burn on the back end of the car above.  I'm not sure if that was the one that gave off a lot of sparks or not.  Some were a little scary with their "fireworks" at the end. Really the only scary part was when a kid would go to pick it up at the end of the track and it would jump and have more sparks fly out of it.  Didn't want any lost limbs.
We had a few rocket launched vehicles and one that separated in half in the front half flew forward.  

I made the trophies for the event and put together the extra awards that had popcorn and an absorbent cloths that could be used on cars, or around the house.
post signature