Sunday, September 11, 2011

Happiness is . . .

. . . replacing the flapper on the toilet.  I've been hearing Ben's toilet run every so often for a month now.  The other day I was at my desk and noticed it was running more frequently.  This pushed me to get to Home Depot and buy another flapper.  I knew it wasn't hard to do, it just wasn't something I wanted to do and procrastinated as long as I could.  It took less than 5 min. start to finish and we aren't throwing money down the drain now.
. . . making cheesecloth ghosts.  I'm thinking my mom did this when I was young but what I remember most was the witch she made.  It was an awesome decoration for Halloween.  I took this picture of the smaller ghost while it was still drying.  

. . . a day off from school.  The next picture is of Ben and his peeps.  They were walking to the park to play basketball.  A thunderstorm was approaching so I drove down to offer them a ride back to the house so they wouldn't get drenched.  That was an eventful day for them.  They went to the beach around lunch time and a dad of one of their friend's was surfing.  He ending up with a gash in his leg from his surfboard.  I'm told you could see the bone although Lance wasn't sure that it wasn't the tendon vs. the bone when I talked with him.  They stitched him inside his leg and on the outside.  He is limping around now.
. . . a McDank, if you are Ben.  We rescheduled piano lessons due to the piano teacher needing the change and the only time that worked was right after he got done with marching band.  We stopped at McDonald's so he could have a McDank.  I found it funny that he is still taking pictures of this sandwich he thinks is so great.  So, a picture of him taking a picture.  I could show you some of him savoring this as he devoured it but I don't know that he would appreciate that.
. . . another short week of school.
post signature