We went to Ft. Lauderdale Friday to see my mom. She had flown in for a cruise she was leaving on the next day. She went with my aunt and some my aunt's friends, which I guess are probably hers now too. After everyone got settled at the hotel, we went a couple of miles down the road to a bar & grill called Rendevous. Jessica ordered a 1/2 lb. burger. I didn't think she would be able to eat it all, but she was hungry and only left 1 bite. She even had key lime pie for dessert.
Friday night the girls spent several hours in the pool. Stephanie got out for a bit but came back in. I think she was tired of the sports Ben was watching in the room. Saturday morning they squeezed in another 30 min. after breakfast before we checked out.We had some time to visit before we needed to be at the cruise ship and filled it with a visit to a museum. I liked this little section because it had 2 pretty strong fans and I was hot. I stood there for a few minutes enjoying the breeze. Jessica did what was intended. She put on the foam "wings" to feel the lift from the wind.
This exhibit was showing how much energy was needed to light different types of bulbs.
The four sitting playing a recycling game.
A lot of the museum was under the construction but they made the most of the space that they had. They have a nature trail with a coral reef, a lot of different fish, exhibits with snakes, bunnies, alligators, turtles, and I can't remember what else. There were sections for recycling, power, minerals, dinosaurs, the body, runways to rockets, and brain teasers. There may have been more but that is all I can think of at the moment, which is a lot.
We got back early in the evening Saturday night and went to see Toy Story in 3D. I was surprised none of the girls remembered the movie. They watched it a lot when they were little. I guess we need to dig out that box of Disney movies so they can watch some others they probably don't remember.