COW? That's what you might hear someone shout if a tornado was howling through your town. Tornadoes can be destructive and they can even fling you off your feet! Come and take a spin with me if you dare!To start off, tornadoes can be very destructive. For example, they can flatten houses to the ground like a pancake. They can even flatten twenty story buildings so they end up looking like this flat sheet of paper I'm writing on! One time on the news, I saw a house that was ripped to shreds by a whirling, twirling, funnel of air. CRASH! A huge oak tree had toppled over the remains of the house shattering all the windows. One of the windows had been a stunning stained glass picture of a sailboat. The house is now just a big pile of rubble.
"I'm flying, but I don't feel like a bird." I said that because tornadoes can blow you right off the soles of your feet. I can only imagine what it would be like getting sucked up into a twirling funnel cloud. I'd be spinning like a top and I might even see a dairy cow still being milked by a dizzy farmer. MOO! WAIT! Who turned off the wind? Aah!
In conclusion, tornadoes can devastate houses or even entire towns. They can also literally knock your socks off! Are you prepared if a tornado zips through your town?
by Stephanie ~ An assignment done a while ago for school.