
Little did I know when I tossed Becca's gear on the lower bunk that they are coveted. Apparently the first years are always excited and want the upper bunk because it seems fun but the other girls commented on how tired they get going up and down the ladder to get something and that when they are hot and tired and want to collapse they have to climb the ladder when they really want to drop. Nice for the girls that these are air conditioned. While they aren't in them all day, they do get to enjoy a little cooler air at night. Their cabin sleeps 22 and there are 30 girls there from our ward. There was talk of letting them overflow into another cabin so everyone has there own bunk.

A group photo of most of the girls before going to the flag ceremony (above) and below is before we headed off to "survivor".

I don't know what thoughts were shared at the stations but I do know the challenge was that they get across the river. There is an alligator a little upstream. Some girls fell on the bank and hurt themselves, some fell in the river and most made it across. This took a long time for the groups to get through.

This next challenge was a "trust fall". They climbed up the steps and fell backwards with two of the girls catching them.

I didn't take pictures of any of the other activities. The one I was at with a couple of other ladies from the ward we got to shoot the girls with water guns while they tried to get through the maze. Our shots were to represent the "fiery darts" that they have to dodge in life. They welcomed getting wet because it is so hot there (93 degrees).
I'm not sure what other challenges they had. I did see one where they used huge tarps (bigger than I've ever seen) and they had a water tank and a couple of blow up boats for the girls to ride down the hill. I think they will be hot and tired by tonight and ready to sleep when it is lights out.