Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Activity Days Camp

I have a few pictures from the Activity Days camp I did last week. There aren't any pictures from the morning but Becca did take several after lunch for me.

For Learning & Living the Gospel, we put together Article of Faith cards that I made from a digital kit. The cards are about the size of a baseball card. They are all decorated with different papers and embellishments. The front has the Article of Faith with an embellishment and the back has the first letter of each word and something to remind them of it. I'm hoping these will help them to memorize them a little easier.

This is what it looked like assembled.

We also decorated composition books for them to use a journal. We talked about things that we would write in them. I fessed up that sometimes I didn't know what to write so I made a list of everything that was under my bed. One of my journals has a list of all the nativities I have and where I got it or who gave it to me.

For Serving Others, we made a fishing game that the Primary chorister can use for kids to fish for songs or to make it that certain people sing (i.e., people wearing black shoes, blue eyes, wearing red, etc.). We also made the pictures for the 4 verses of "Come Follow Me". I loved doing this with girls. They pulled out the dictionary to look up words like effulgent. They came up with some really good ideas and were so proud on Sunday when they were learning the song. You could see them wanting to jump out of their seat and wanting to shout out "I made that!"

For Developing Talents, we did cake decorating. It was a little crazy with 13 girls decorating cakes. They had a fun time with it and were really good about waiting for a color or tip they wanted to use. I had 5 tips, 3 of each floating around. I had to include this picture of Katie frosting her cake because when she was done, she told me she didn't know she could decorate a cake so perfect. Love it! At the end of the day she told me I threw the best parties. So sweet!

For fun, we went outside to play splash baseball. They picked two teams and used pool splash toys as the balls and light sabers as the bats. They played this for a bit. Then we had a water balloon toss, then a water balloon fight. Once the balloons were gone, they used water guns. We ended the day with watermelon.

post signature