Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Science Fair, Camping, etc.

The kids had a half day last Friday. Due our crazy schedules and never having a Saturday free, he took them camping Thursday night to a place he and Ben had been with the scouts. This (VLA) was impressive to Rad and he wanted to go as a family. There are pictures but Rad has some trojan thing on his computer and I don't want to access files until he cleans it off. So, if I think of it in the future, I will share some photos or put some on our site. Needless to say, the kids had a blast and there were no complaints about missing school. It seems funny they weren't sick this year but have now missed to go to conference and for camping.

Science fair projects were due today. I don't expect any of them will win this year, but they did a nice job coming up with ideas and preparing their boards.


Becca did her project on greywater. She got a couple of trays of plants and found that the greywater didn't do quite as well as plain old tap water. We're thinking it would be OK to use for grass but not all plants.








Jessica used different liquids to clean dirty pennies. Kind of a fun project. Root Beer won. We normally have Diet Coke here for Bryant when he visits (which he never drinks here, just at restaurants) but Ben had used them with Mentos.

Stephanie wanted to know which milk would go bad the fastest and make chunks. I have to say it didn't smell as bad because of the skin it formed but when she was straining it to see what it did, that grossed me out.