Tuesday, April 14, 2009

No more Dish


Last month when I was paying bills I commented to Rad that the bill for the Satellite had gone up, yet again. In the seven years we've had the service, the cost has almost tripled. He suggested we get rid of it. I brought it up with the kids and none of them cared about not having a TV anymore. They are content that we can still watch movies and they can play the Wii.

With our bill coming due again, I called the company today and canceled our service effective that moment. The sales representative tried to get me to go to a lesser package but I didn't feel we needed that. The surprising part to me with the cancellation of the service is that if we choose to go back with them, they will charge us a fee. I don't understand that. You would think they would want customers. Stephanie wanted to know if we would be able to watch General Conference at home or would we have to go to church. Ben was impressed with the money that we will save not having it.

I can't say it was too different today without it. The girls did their homework and practiced piano. Becca and Jessica played in Becca's room. Ben sat at the kitchen table doing his homework, went to baseball practice and returned to his homework. Stephanie had a water fight with some neighbor kids. A typical day.