Do you remember this desk?
It is the one I got from my mom last month when we were visiting. It is the one that my great-grandfather made. Sometime in the 70's, this desk was in my room.
The day after we got home from our trip, I took it to Larry. He fixed our piano leg (you can see the broken leg in this post) and some chairs for me. Once again, he did a wonderful job stripping the desk, refinishing it and making the two legs for it. I find it interesting that the desk originally had dark drawers and now they are lighter, but he said that is the way they took the stain. It is mahogany now.
The chair is in the way a little in this picture but you can see the two very simple tapered legs. Larry went to out-source the making of the legs to another person. They wanted $200 for each leg. CRAZY!! Larry ended up buying legs online and finishing them up to go on the desk with the brass on the bottom and the screw at the top that screws into the desk. I know a lot of you have heard this, but I still find it neat that he had never seen hardware like what this desk has for the legs to screw in. Each piece is one but has two different holes so the legs can be straight or at an angle.
I ended up moving things around in the living room to have the desk in there. It seemed like the best place if someone wants to do some work without distraction and is available to everyone.
