Monday, November 22, 2010

The little things . . .

The girls have been catching fish every time they go out back lately. Hamburger buns seem to be the best bait for them now. Jessica's fish sort of blends in with her shorts, but it is a nice size catch. They tend to go out just before dusk. Sometimes they no sooner get the hook in the water and by the time you come in the house, one of the girls is running up to say that they caught a fish. Amazing.

The next two pictures are of some unknown "thing" that was walking on the ceiling of my van. It kind of looks like crusted sand and a little cement on the back. The first picture is of the top, the second one you can see some legs. It doesn't move very quickly. Becca thought maybe it was an ant carrying something but when I dropped it on the ground (by accident), it didn't drop it. I really couldn't see anything more than the crust and legs. I don't know what it is. Ben in his thoughtful, helpful way, told me it was a new species of spider they discovered.

Tonight I asked was was fixed recently. Stephanie said she fixed the computer. She proceeded to tell us that Jessica and Becca were on the computer and it turned off and the screen went dark. She pushed the button and turned it on. It was so funny the way she told it.

Ben was demonstrating his exercise routine. He started off telling us, "I do 300 jumping jacks. I usually stop around 100 because my side hurts. Then I do 200 . . . "

There was another gem but it escapes me at the moment. I have some pictures to share but I'm calling it a night and will have to post them another time.

post signature