Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Science Fair

It is that time of year again. I'm so grateful that the science fair is Rad's deal. I really don't get into it. I help by getting the display boards and providing whatever they need to make the board up the way they want it. Rad handles chatting about what they want to do, what they think they need to do, throws in an opinion or two, rounds up the materials and gets them going, prods them, etc.

I will get pictures of the girls with their boards after the science fair. I don't like to take pictures at night because the lighting seems bad more often than not in the house and that is when the boards were finished. Rad snapped these pictures before I took the girls to school.

Becca used her project from last year where she watered plants with gray water only this year she used "green" detergents.

Jessica watered plants with milk, root beer, water, vinegar and I think peroxide.

Stephanie froze, baked and microwaved seeds to see how they would grow.

Stephanie and Jessica had great success in growing mold and were beyond disgusted by it. Rad had used this knowledge to remind them to hang up their towel after their shower but so far they aren't making the connection.

Last week was spent getting back into the groove. The kids slid easily into their school schedules. I don't really know if Becca was ready to go back or not. Stephanie and Jessica were and it is no surprise that Ben wasn't. The Christmas decorations were taken down and put away. We had a bit of a cold snap. I heard on the news tonight that we will have 12 consecutive nights of temperatures getting down below freezing. Today it was noticeable that it is warming up during the day, which is nice. We had a few flits of snow on Saturday, which was pretty cool because you just don't expect that here.

post signature