Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Epcot

We went Epcot as a family for the first time. Becca went in December on a field trip so she told us the 'must do' things and what to skip. We started off with a ride and got a fast pass for Space Mission. We went through all of the countries, some we spent a lot of time in, others we just walked through to get where we wanted to be. All of the countries had shops, most had food and almost half had a movie to see. The kids had a churro in Mexico, gelato in Italy, and we had dinner in Morocco. The kids had a very american dinner of chicken tenders and fries there. We really didn't have lunch anywhere.We went on a boat ride in Norway which was very brief and then saw a 5 min. movie. We also went on a boat ride in Mexico. There was a portion of that ride that reminded me of It's a Small World. We watched a 14 min. movie in China. China was my favorite country that we saw. I believe Rad liked Norway. I liked the look of Germany. Italy had a mime that Jessica and I saw a little of while we had our gelato.A nice thing about the shops in the countries was that they were unique to the country. When you go to Disney, any shop you go in is selling the same merchandise. At Epcot the shops carry souvenirs for that country. I think all of the girls bought a fan in China and a necklace that has their name written in Chinese characters. They picked up some other trinkets too.Something that made it a little more entertaining for the girls was the Kim Possible Adventure. We went to a kiosk to pick up a "kimmunicator" (phone). This phone told you where to go, what to look for and was interactive on some things. They caused lights to turn on, a volcano to throw a spark, etc. They did a mission in Mexico, the United Kingdom and France.I think they all agree that Space Mission was the best ride there. I think they went on it 3 times but it may have been 4 times. On the way home both Rad and Ben commented that their stomachs weren't feeling so good. It probably didn't help that they went on it twice after dinner. I took a picture of them going into the ride and their smiles after coming off the first time.They did played some games at the control center after the ride. Most of them made a video postcard. I'm not sure if they all e-mailed it to themselves, but if they did, maybe they will forward it to you.

We ended the day with the fireworks and then headed home. It was a fun day and I heard comments this morning wishing that there wasn't school because yesterday felt like Saturday and didn't seem like a 3 day weekend at all.
post signature