We had our story telling party last night. It was a fun night with old stories we enjoy and new ones we'd never heard before. A couple of books shared were based on Christmas songs. It was nice to hear the story behind "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day". Becca acted as our photographer for the party taking pictures of people and food. 
There were a lot of kids (30+) here. Stephanie and Jessica were surprised by how messy their room was with pieces to games all over the place. In the end, it wasn't that bad to clean it up, which also surprised them.
Here it is the day after and I have some cleaning up and vacuuming left to do. We had a ton of food. I added a couple of new recipes to menu and they were a hit. I had to share the recipe for the smoky chicken salad with someone last night because they had company coming and they wanted to make it for them today. This plate has the smoky chicken salad, cranberry oatmeal cookies dipped in white chocoalate and the lemon-spice swirl cookies.
Good times, good times.
12:07 a.m., December 22, 2009
ETA: I was asked to post the food we had at the party, so here it goes:
Appetizers: Tex-Mex Chicken Melts, Smoked Chicken Salad, Roast Beef Sandwiches
Cookies: White Choc. Dipped Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies, Lemon-Spice Swirl Cookies, Choc. Chip Cookies
Dips: Veggie (w/ vegetables), Onion (w/ chips), Ham (w/ crackers)
Other: White Choc. Party Mix, Fudge, Truffles, Grapes, Cheese & Crackers
Beverages, Wassail, Cider, Juice Pouches, Water
