The kids have been twice to the South Rim when we went to Las Vegas for a reunion years ago so this time we went to the North Rim.
The second day of the trip was the reunion. We stopped where the reunion was being held, very few people were there early so we went to the cemetery. We ended up staying at the cemetery after the lunch had started. I dropped my husband off at the reunion and went to get water to have with our sandwiches and fill up the gas tank. When we got back, it was so warm inside and there weren't any seats so the kids and I went outside to a picnic table to eat. We were just starting lunch and the family was headed upstairs to a museum to see things that were tagged with their family. The museum was small, crowded and hot. The kids and I went back outside. I'm sure we seemed rather anti-social and I guess we were. Things just didn't work out to be a part of because we started when everyone was finishing. When family was gathered outside, we had gone to look at a house and I was looking at census records on my phone to see that we found the right place. Funny thing is I thought it was one house based on my husband's description and he thought it was the house next to it. We were looking at two different houses and when he talked with his dad he found it was the house I was looking at. Funny to be at the same exact place but consider two different places the "home" of his ancestors.
We also went to Bryce Canyon before the reunion.
On Sunday we stopped by the St. George Temple and we went to Zion National Park. Zion National Park was very crowded and I don't have one picture on my phone or camera from that park. I wonder if it seemed over-rated because of how crowded it was. The road was windy and the rocks were tall but it didn't excite me or the kids much. At this point in the trip, Bryce Canyon was the favorite.
I think it was at this point on our trip when I threw out the idea of going to Arches on our way home. It was doable and the kids were glad we did. Arches ended up being the favorite spot. The sad thing about Arches is all of my pictures are gone from my computer. I know they were there because I shared one on Facebook. I had to download one from my page. Sad they are gone though.
Becca took this picture. Pretty sweet that no one was around to be in it.








