Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Unloading

This move went very fast.  We arrived in Albuquerque on Sunday, July 24th.  We looked at a house on Monday.  Tuesday we signed the lease and Thursday the truck was unloaded.  We've never had it go so fast.  It helped that the driver didn't store our household goods somewhere.  
Kind of funny that we have moved many times and this move I decided to buy a dolly.  Rad is working and the girls and I are working on unpacking.  A lot of things ended up in the garage that should have been in the house or they are in wrong rooms in the house.  We are weak. haha  It has been nice that the girls are able to load the dolly and move boxes around to unpack their rooms.

On a happy note, I've lowered the weight of our household goods.  The last time we left NM our weight was 20,100 lbs.  We left FL with 21, 740 lbs.  We left NY with 20,060 lbs.  We did get rid of a lot of things in NY but we also added furniture in our family room, a dresser, and a chest of drawers.  I'm very pleased.

We will be registering the girls for school in two days.  It starts on the 11th of August.  They have shortened summer by a month but I don't think that is bad thing as they will be able to meet others their age and start making friends.


post signature