Monday, February 1, 2016

Updates

It doesn't seem like a whole lot is happening here.  One word that captures it all is "Life".  The girls go to school, Rad goes to work and I taxi, sew/craft, cook, organize, toss and clean.  I was sending a box to Ben and I like to include some pictures.  I went to the folder that would hold pictures for January and there are none.  No snow pictures.  No bird pictures.  No pictures of anyone dressed up to go to some fun activity.  No pictures of something of funny.  No pictures of food.  No pictures of the pets.  No day trips to a museum, Massachusetts, etc.  I looked on my iPod and found some quilting pictures and the process of piecing the blocks together.  I looked on my iPod and found a few pictures.

We took dinner to the church to feed 2 sets of missionaries.  After we put away the food, tables and chairs, the girls played basketball while Rad went to visit with someone.  I don't remember what all I made for dinner this night but I do recall chili was involved.  On our way to church I took a turn and heard the lid come off the pan.  The back of the van now has chili sauce stains.  I tried to scrub it out but I couldn't get it all.  Not too happy about that.
I went to a baby shower and made a self-binding blanket for the baby, cross-stitched a bib and gave a gift card.  I don't recall the name of the store they are registered at but I had never heard of it.  Someone at the shower told me where it is and it makes sense I'm not familiar with it as I've only been in that shopping center maybe 3 times in the year and half we've lived here.  It is about half and hour or so from us. The shower was fun and she got a lot of nice gifts.  She told us that no sooner had they burned their crib and gotten rid of what they had of baby things that they found out they were expecting.
The two blocks that make up the Allietare quilt.  The 4 center red/black/white rectangles on the top block took a long time to make all I needed.  I'm thinking I needed 240 of them.  I spent close to a week getting those made.

The other exciting news for me is that I found we have a patriot in our direct line.  Several months ago Rad had to listen to me being grumpy that I wanted to to be a member of DAR and I couldn't because I didn't have a patriot.  I wasn't happy that you couldn't be a member because you wanted to.  I've had this person on my tree on my computer for years but I finally was able to add him to the online tree where everyone is listed because there is something that backs them up as sourced.  The process to gather the information is going to take some doing but I'm excited.

The girls had New Beginnings with a Dr. Seuss theme.  The primary book they focused on was "Oh the Places You'll Go."  The decorations they had were fun and creative.  The girls and leaders did a really nice job with the program and the night in general. The girls needed to bring some refreshments so we decorated cupcakes with frosting inspired by the cover of the book "Oh the Places You'll Go" and we made deviled eggs with a little piece of ham sticking out of the filling of the egg. 

post signature