I noted on Facebook that Becca and I received our Young Women's medallion our last Sunday at church in Viera. The day we were pulling out from Florida, we had to go on base so that Rad and I could be recognized. I shared my award on Facebook of the volunteer recognition I received for my work in the communities we've lived in with a certificate and a lapel pin. It was this award that gave me that special knot through BSA. The pictures of Rad were on my camera and I needed to upload them and my laptop was packed away most of the journey north.
Here he is with his certificate for his meritorious service and the medal on his left pocket (right side).
We stopped in Virginia to see Sala H. Rad worked with him when he was deployed in Afghanistan.
While we were in Massachusetts for a week, Rad was able to visit with a family that he had baptized ~25 years ago. They had a nice visit and will be visiting again.