Thursday, September 12, 2013

Best Day (in a long time)

Ben was so HAPPY yesterday.  He has been looking forward to having his braces off for a LONG time.  Every appointment in the Spring he would comment, "Today they are going to tell me they coming off!", "My teeth are so white, they're coming off!" and my favorite, "My breath smells so good they will tell me today!"  It was rough for him because Becca got her braces on at the same time he did and yet she had hers off 1 year before he did.  In the end, it is worth it.  I was told at the office that he is a perfect example of how teeth should look when braces come off; NO STAINS.  

The good news is, he will smile for his Senior pictures and it won't cost me $50 for them to make it look like he doesn't have braces.  Yes, this was our discussion in July.  He didn't want to smile and I wanted him to.  Whether your teeth are messed up or not, braces on or off, smiles are better, in my opinion. Fortunately, we were told at the August appointment that they would be coming off and I was able to reschedule the pictures.

Ben did say that it was his best day.  Curious, I asked him what topped that day.  He listed 2-3 things, although I only recall two.  
1.  The first Red Sox game he went.
2.  When the Red Sox won the World Series.
post signature