Sunday, June 16, 2013

15 and Father's Day

Becca's birthday fell on Father's Day this year.  She ended up picking the lunch menu.  We had Hawaiian Haystacks for lunch and she wore her new dress, which was a sweet deal!  We bought it at American Eagle.  The dress was marked $39.99 and marked down to $29.99.  They were having a 50% sale in that section, although we weren't sure if it was the clothes above the dress or the whole section of clothes.  When we checked out, it was on sale for $10.  A nice treat.
She blew out all of the candles.  I hope she gets what she wished for.  She got some nice gifts.  She got a gift card for Kohls, iTunes, Charming Charlie and American Eagle.  She also got money, nail polish, earrings and mascara.

Father's Day was celebrated by having foods that Rad likes that I never make.  The three items featured for this day were pork chops, cheese grits and tapioca.  The kids now understand why I don't like them.  The pork chops were browned in the skillet and then baked and had a gravy.  This isn't the way I've had them but I went to all recipes and pulled a recipe that had high ratings. The kids got Rad some socks so he can be fashionable and not have to wear tube socks and the movie, "The Hobbit."
A nice day for the two that we celebrated.
post signature