I had to make cinnamon rolls for Jessica's class for their Valentine's breakfast. I got a batch going and turned on the warming zone on the stove and forgot to turn it off before going to help make "cubes" for their math assignment. When I went to check on the rolls, I found that I melted the bowl. Scrapped that batch.
The assignment the girls had was to make a box for the Valentine's cards/candy, which counted as a Math test. The box needed to be 3D and have a cylinder, cone, cube, sphere and a rectangle prism. Jessica's looks more like a castle to me. She wrote "L-O-V-E" on her blocks and her tower's say "Valentine's Day" with some hearts drawn on.
Both girls started their boxes Sunday. Jessica's knew what she wanted to do and Stephanie didn't have anything in mind other than the shapes. As I looked at her box while she was in school, I thought how the cylinder could be a vase and she could make a breakfast tray. She liked the idea and went with it. It turned out pretty nice.
Just wanted to show off the ice cubes in her cup. They were made out of acetate. If you are looking for the shapes on Steph's box, the flower centers have a sphere or cone.
Ben's plans were to take Gianna to dinner on Valentine's Day and to make some cookies for her. Monday was busy after school with the girls working on their boxes and me making several batches of cinnamon rolls, so he agreed that he could do the cookies after school Tuesday. Their reservation was for 8pm because she had practice.
He (we) made chocolate raspberry linzer cookies. Yummy as always.
I made several of these "chocolate dipped strawberries" to give at the presidency meeting and Ben thought it was nifty and wanted one for Gianna. He helped sponge the leaves on hers and got some paper when I boogered up embossing the wrong side or not placing the adhesive so it would have a perfect point. The strawberry is filled with Lindor truffles.
This is the mess I need to clean off of the dining room table today from the girls boxes and the strawberries. Pretty amazing mess, but so worth it!