More side pictures, which I'm reading there isn't a fix for. If you are on FB with me, you can look at them there if it is too bothersome. I hope they add a rotate button sometime when they update things. Another impressive showing of talent and sand. The theme this year was travel.
This first picture shows the process of creating a sand sculpture.
The next piece was being worked on.
Telephone/Chinese Whispers - once I read the title, I understood this side of the sculpture with the different heads whispering into the next ones ear.
The back side of the Telephone/Chinese Whispers sculpture.Life On the Rails was inspired by the book Water for Elephants focusing on a traveling circus.
Time Travel - loved the front with the baby face and the back with an older man.
Hold Your Breath - I'm thinking the same sculptor did this piece that did 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea Last Year. It looks somewhat similar. They noted that the ocean has only recently been explored and 95% of it has yet to be explored.
Circe - inspired by The Odyssey and Circe who turned men into animals.
The Flying Canoe - a French/Canadian tale of travelers that make a deal with the devil.
Route 66: The American Way
Galaxy Dreams - This and Route 66 are my favorite. I like this because you have a young boy on one side looking at the stars and the other side is an astronaut.
History Spiritual Journey - The Grand Chief and tribe Sorcerer are introducing a child to the great spiritual journey. He has to invoke the Great Spirit among all as eagles, totem, bear, bison, turtles and many others before becoming a great sage.
Daily Commute - the front has people coming out of the building and walking around to the back where they enter the building.
A Waking Dream - as the girl dreams with her eyes open she is dematerialized and travels slowly into her dream world, abandoning reality.
