I was thinking today was a pretty special day. Stephanie and Jessica had field day at school. I was putting some Eagle paperwork on Ben's scout notebook and noticed an order form for T-shirts for track. Stephanie still has hers from last year but I needed one for Jessica and it was due yesterday. I checked to see when their lunch was changed to because of the fun activities so I could drop it off then. I stopped by Wendy's and got them a small Frosty. They were pretty jazzed when they saw I brought them something and I wasn't just coming to talk to them while they were at lunch.When I picked them up from track, I was told that Jessica had a wood chip in her eye. We went home and tried to wash it but it was still there. I went to CVS and bought an eye wash and we tried several more times. Nothing. We made a trip to urgent care. As we were driving, I thought about all the kids and their ER/Urgent Care visits. Ben is the only one who hasn't needed to go.
They numbed her eye, flipped the lid and got the little speck out. They put some yellow drops in and used a fluorescent light to be sure she didn't damage her cornea. All is good. She left with an eye patch and had to wear it for the night. She took it off before bed and her eye looks better and feels better. We'll check it again in the morning.
I promised I wouldn't share a picture with the eye patch. We talked about it and she approved of the blackout like they do on TV. You can still see the tape on her forehead and cheek but really, does that matter?
All in all, it was pretty special. There were Frosty's, an eye that wasn't damaged and we came home to dinner made by Becca.

