Thursday, June 17, 2010

Happy Birthday, Becca!

This was a year for a party but Becca didn't want one. I asked her before school got out so she could get together and celebrate with friends but she really didn't want that type of party. A pretty low-key day and yet a lot of fun. She woke up with the tradition of a balloon in her room. That was kind of funny because Stephanie was trying to figure out when I got it and all she could come up with was I went out late at night and got it. Um, they didn't go to bed until midnight, so that wouldn't have worked.

We all worked together for less than 50 minutes to clean up the house. The kids had 3 (I think) stores set up in various parts of the house and there was some robbing going on. No doubt you know who did the robbing. Our bedroom ended up not only as a store but a court. At one point I went in there and there were 3 kids on our bed and one was the judge. Most likely you can figure out who the judge was too. There were a lot of items left around from there stores. I guess it wasn't that bad since it didn't take us long to clean up, dust and vacuum.

We went to the ceramic store and painted for 2 hours. I didn't have a camera with me so no pictures. I can't wait to get the pieces back next week. They always look a little different than you'd expect.

After that we went for dinner (late lunch) to Cracker Barrel. Of course, the kids picked out a treat from the country store after the meal. Then we went shopping to find Becca a new outfit for church. She has several dresses, one she wears all the time because it is comfortable, but I wanted to add something that was a little more stylish than kid-like. It is really slim-pickings when it comes to dresses for the girls but we did find something that she is happy with.

We had to be at church at 6 p.m. so Ben could help prepare the water activities for tonight's combined activity. Becca had her meeting with the Bishop at 6:30 to show her Faith in God book and talk about her favorite thing to do. She went to a YW's meeting a couple of weeks ago when they were preparing for camp but she was able to officially go tonight. She seemed to have a lot of fun at the activity and you can see by the picture below that she ended up quite wet. All of the youth sang happy birthday to her. We had cake when we came home and she was given her presents. She got her big present a couple of weeks ago and has been enjoying it since.
A good day with just us celebrating her special day.

post signature