
A lot of you have seen a lot more pictures than this on Facebook but I'm sharing a few here with more information than I put on FB. This is the first sand art festival for the county. If they have good attendance, they will make it an annual event. First off, I expected it to be on the beach, after all, that is where the sand is. It was held across from the beach on some land they blocked off. They had the sand shipped in from a quarry in Winterhaven.

When we got there, I was a little disappointed to see piles of sand and a handful of sculpture. I thought there would be more, a lot more. Every weekend there are other challenges, so I expect this sand is for the upcoming challenges. Becca will be going on a field trip and talking with some artists. I look forward to the pictures she takes of what is new.
After you started to look at the sculptures, it was impressive. Half of them were sculpted all around. Very impressive. The details are amazing.
The favorite for the kids was the "castle". I was impressed when I uploaded the photos of illusion of height due to the angle of the sculpture. Awesome!

I was torn between two for my favorite. First being the one below which focused on art.



My second favorite was Jules Verne. I thought it was impressive all that they included.




