Monday, October 19, 2009

A little of this, a little of that

The girls had a birthday a week ago, which was very low-key due to not having a party with friends. I guess there is less excitement as they get older. They look forward to it but there isn't all the chatter there used to be about what they want, what they want to do, etc. They had one cake (ice cream) this year with 18 candles on it.
The kids were outside riding bikes recently and Stephanie made it known that she needed a new bike. We went shopping for a new bike a couple of weeks ago and after 5 stores, she settled on this bike. One of the pros for this bike is that if she is riding when it is wet out, the rim/fender on the back part will help protect the water from spraying up her back.
Becca gave the girls Twister for their birthday. They had a lot of fun playing it that night and a time or two since. It is definitely a game that brings lots of laughter.The kids were off from school Friday so I took them shopping for Halloween costumes and the girls needed new shoes for church. We started off at Halloween Spirit and saw nothing we could use. The girls already have ideas in mind of what they want to be and surprisingly, there wasn't one thing we could use there. Ben wants to be something scary that would include a mask (because he doesn't want to be recognizable) and the couple of costumes he pointed out to me wouldn't work because he can't wear a mask at church and the costume wouldn't make sense without it.

We went to the shoe store next and picked up shoes for the girls. Becca ended up with 2 pairs so she would have close-toed shoes if it was wet out. She wore these to church on Sunday proudly. It is the most heel she has had. I like them because the heel is thick so she won't have balance issues.We went to Joann's so I could buy a pattern and fabric for Becca's costume. Then we went south to hit some outlet stores. We found black pants that Stephanie and Jessica need for their costume, new pj bottoms for Becca, a shirt for Ben and all three girls got shirts like the ones below. I had to take a picture of Jessica and Stephanie because they wore their new shirts to school today along with the argyle socks we bought. They are proud of their matching skills.I think Becca may have really scored on our shopping expedition with the new clothes, shoes, and a new dressy outfit. After several hours of shopping torture/driving, I treated them to TCBY. They have never been to one and enjoyed their waffle cone. It is probably a good thing that the nearest one to us is 40 mi. away or we would be tempted to go often.

Sorry to say that I can't remember the funny things I intended to post but pictures are good and there are several of those.

post signature