Ben launched a gofundme page, which nobody donated to. He isn't in a serious relationship but is dreaming of the day when he can take his son to Red Sox games. This is what he wrote:
"Hey guys! As every parent knows, it's never to early to start saving. That's why I've created this fundraiser for my future son! 17 years from now, my boy will be turning 10. This is an age at which he will be able to fully appreciate the great game of baseball. Of course, he will have been introduced to the game long before that, but I want him to remember his first whole season of attending games. I want it to leave a mark on him, an impression so strong that it hooks him on the Red Sox for a lifetime. Friends, Family, Sox Nation, and baseball fans everywhere: I call upon you to aid me in this great cause, to further the fandom of the greatest game ever made. On behalf of my son, I thank you all in advance for your contributions. Play ball!"