Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Christmas

Bella got to sport her sweater Christmas morning because we had snow in the wee hours of the morning.  Surprisingly, it was a white Christmas for us and Stephanie was very pleased that it was.
For the 18th year, we made gingerbread houses.  Normally we do one big one but  this year there was one for everyone to work on.  The ones who don't care for the time it takes assembled the smaller houses.
This year our slim tree was decorated very simply.  Instead of all of the ornaments we usually put on, I made cinnamon gingerbread men and put them on the tree with red ornaments and popcorn & cranberry garland.  It was simple but nice.
We added this "NOEL" stocking hanger to our Christmas decorations this year.  I really like it at night when it is lit up with the garland behind.  Very pretty.

I took this picture of the tree Christmas morning before everyone was up.  Do you see that snow out the sliding glass doors?
I ended up with a lot pictures of presents being open but not the actual items.  I guess I was too busy watching it all happen.  I did get a lot of pictures of Rad being quick to get certain wrapping papers in the trash bag.  He is not a fan of glitter.
Ben gave me this blanket.  It is very soft.  The kids all gave me thoughtful gifts.  Becca a Pentatonix CD, 3 bottles of hand soap from Bath & Body Works and a bar of chocolate.  Jessica gave me a yard of neutral fabric for quilting.  Stephanie gave me a nativity Matryoshka.
Stephanie gave Ben this poster.  I believe he likes it better than the poster he has of Boston now.

We had a nice morning opening presents and then went to church.  A pleasant, quiet Christmas for us.